Best Macaroni and Cheese. Which one is the best macaroni and cheese recipe? How to make such a tough choice. Macaroni and cheese is possibly the quintessential comfort food.
Cheesy and oh so satisfying, mac and cheese can do no wrong. Transport yourself back to childhood with one of these classic or kicked-up options. I have never made macaroni and cheese from scratch before, but this recipe made my family think I've done this a million times. You can have Best Macaroni and Cheese using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare 1 box of Elbow pasta.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 4 oz of Goat cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Gouda cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shredded New York cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Super easy to make and it reheats well if Super delicious Mac and Cheese! The best family meal for macaroni cheese. Made with smoked cheese, it's easy, filling and delicious. Makes plenty for a hearty midweek meal.
Best Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- Cook pasta according to box, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium pot.
- Once butter is melted add flour, mix and heat until flour starts to bubble.
- Slowly add milk to mixture, heat until milk starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add Goat cheese, mix for about a minute then add Gouda cheese and stir until mostly melted.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, mix until mixture is golden brown.
- Add Wisconsin cheddar cheese, mix until mostly melted (the grocery store here sells multiple types of cheddar cheese, if you cannot find Wisconsin and New York styles, any type of sharp and mild cheddar will work).
- Add New York cheddar cheese, mix until everything is blended together.
- Put cooked pasta in large pot and add half of the cheese mixture, stir pasta, add the rest of the cheese mixture, stir pasta again.
- Let sit for about a minute then serve and enjoy.
How do you make mac 'n' cheese better? This oozing cheesy pasta bake is also rich with Red Leicester and finished with a crunchy. Typically macaroni and cheese is made with milk but here we're using wine instead. You'll love the creamy fondue-like sauce that results. Versatile goat cheese brings out the best in fresh peas and asparagus.