Liz's Mac and Cheese. Recreating Disney's Mac and Cheese Cozy Cones – Cooking with Liz Wouldn't we all like to eat Disneyland food at home? It just seems more fun, am I right? We are Duncan (vegan) and Liz (not vegan).
He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper. I used three different cheese and a homemade cheese sauce to take this macaroni and cheese recipe. You can cook Liz's Mac and Cheese using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Liz's Mac and Cheese
- It’s 1 lb of Macaroni.
- It’s 1 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 quart of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of bread crumbs.
This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. My version uses a combination of cheeses for a gloriously cheesy dish! A classic and easy baked mac and cheese recipe! This recipe is dangerously easy to make and is topped off with a buttery, crisp toasted panko topping!
Liz's Mac and Cheese instructions
- preheat oven to 425°F.
- cook macaroni according to texture preference/direction on the box; drain when finished.
- melt butter in medium saucepan.
- add flour and stir constantly until rue is a peanut butter color.
- add milk.
- add cheese a bit at a time, stirring constantly to keep from burning on the bottom.
- cheese mixture is done when creamy.
- add macaroni to a 13×9 baking dish.
- add cheese mixture on top.
- add bread crumbs to form a thin layer on top.
- bake for 20 minutes.
Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. Duh, that's what Mac and cheese is about!! My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby cheese are all great in this recipe. Sharp cheddar in particular is a favorite for flavor.