Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Baked Macaroni and Cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This homemade baked macaroni and cheese is my most favorite and has pleased crowds, small families, kids and picky eaters alike-give it a try and you'll see why. Ladies and gentlemen behold the mac and cheese recipe that will make people stalk yo ass!
Remarkably, it doesn't take all that much more time and effort than opening a box of the pre-made stuff. Get Alton Brown's Baked Macaroni and Cheese from Good Eats on Food Network, a classic recipe made with cheddar cheese and topped with buttery breadcrumbs. Give up the box mix because making Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese from scratch is easier than you think. You can cook Baked Macaroni and Cheese using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- It’s 4 tbsp of margarine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of floour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 4 cup of grated cheese.
- You need 12 oz of macaroni.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Shredding a block of cheese adds a little more prep time but the smooth and creamy results are worth it. This dish makes for a great side dish that the family will love, or a fun casserole to. This homemade macaroni and cheese is a great alternative to the boxed version—and you can pronounce all of the ingredients. Yall this baked macaroni and cheese is FULL OF SOUL!!
Baked Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt margin in saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Add yogurt until smooth.
- Stirring constantly cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- pour cheese mixture over macaroni.
- Top with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
That is the first thing that came to mind when I took that first bite. Usually, I'm not that into mac and cheese recipes that involve Velveeta, but this one….yeah, this one gets a pass! I just love how that top layer of smoked cheese forms like a crust. The best southern-style baked macaroni and cheese.but without eggs, evaporated milk, and velveeta. *cracks knuckles* This may be the most requested recipe ever. I kinda get why…not too many people hate macaroni and cheese.