Homemade Mac N Cheese. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper. I used three different cheese and a homemade cheese sauce to take this macaroni and cheese.
It's a mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour that is used to create thick sauces. Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux. You can have Homemade Mac N Cheese using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Mac N Cheese
- It’s 1 lb of box of elbow or shell noodles, as directed.
- It’s 1 packages of block colby/jack cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 block of Velveeta cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby cheese are all great in this recipe. I make myself some DELICIOUS homemade macaroni n cheese for dinner! It's nearly the universal comfort food, and there are SO many variations! In fact, I almost didn't post this recipe, as there are SOOOO many mac and cheese recipes available, and most people already have their favorite way of making it.
Homemade Mac N Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven @ 375 °. Boil noodles as directed, keeping noodles al dente. Drain..
- Meanwhile, melt all cheese & milk in large pot..
- Remove from heat when all cheese is melted. Stir in rest of ingredients..
- Pour mixture in a buttered 9×13 pan, cover with foil & bake for 30-45 minutes until top is golden brown..
Classic Homemade Mac and Cheese made with bite-size pasta, cheddar cheese, and a simple creamy sauce all baked to perfection in the oven. This recipe includes tips, tricks, and photos for making PERFECT baked mac and cheese. Homemade Mac'n'Cheese: Everybody can't resist Mac and Cheese. especially if it's gooey, warm, and soft. It's great on sunny or rainy days, cold and warm. Ingredients: -Velveeta cheese – Be sure to have along box on hand! -Elbow Maccaroni – any size will do, but best results is medium sized elbows.