Chili Mac and cheese. It's mac and cheese combined with a super easy homemade chili using pantry ingredients, combining two of your favorite kind of comfort foods in a single one pot meal. It's quick, easy and sure to be a hit with the entire family. This delicious chili mac and cheese with ground beef, diced tomatoes, rich tomato sauce, chili beans and spices is cooked all in one pot–including the macaroni!
Not too spicy, so perfect for a family meal (add hot sauce if you like heat!). Who can resist two favorite comfort foods combined into one? Mix the chili into the macaroni and cheese. You can cook Chili Mac and cheese using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Mac and cheese
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (85% lean).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of water.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional Cheddar and the green onions. Chili Mac and Cheese – incredibly delicious quick and easy meal featuring two of your favorite comfort foods Chili and Mac and Cheese. This chili mac changes things up a bit and makes this a heftier meal that's very shareable. Make it in the dead of winter to awaken your soul and grab a spoon to dig in!
Chili Mac and cheese instructions
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
Let us know how it went in the. Meaty, cheesy, and delicious—kids will love this comforting dinner of this chili mac and cheese. But, that's not all, parents will love it too—it's quick and hearty, but not too heavy. Chili-Cheese Mac. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A mac and cheese recipe flavored with chili and zesty tomatoes for an extra kick.